Thessaloniki International Airport
Thessaloniki Airport “MAKEDONIA” is the second biggest airport in Greece, located 14 km of the city center and serves 3.5 million passengers per year. It is located 13km from the city centre and 15km from the suggested conference venue.
During the month of September, Thessaloniki is easily reached by direct international flight connections and 15 daily flights from/to Athens.
Direct - Non-Stop Flights to Thessaloniki
Central Europe: Amsterdam, Baden-Baden, Barcelona, Basel, Berlin-Tegel, Bergamo-Orio al Serio, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bern, Bremen, Brussels-Charleroi, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hannover, Munich, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Beauvais Tille, Rome-Ciampino, Stuttgart, Vienna
United Kingdom: London-Stansted, London-Gatwick, Manchester
Scandinavia: Stockholm, Oslo
Balkans & Eastern Europe: Belgrade, Bucharest, Budapest, Istanbul, Moscow-Domodedovo, Moscow-Sheremetyevo, Moscow-Vnukovo, Minsk, Yekaterinburg, Warsaw-Modlin
Cyprus & Middle East: Larnaca, Paphos
Port of Thessaloniki
- The International Port of Thessaloniki is one of the largest, busiest and most popular ports in South-Eastern Europe
- Greek and international Cruise ships regularly visit the port of Thessaloniki
- Commercial Activity and Sea-transportation in the Balkan area, relies on the International Port of Thessaloniki to a great extend
Thessaloniki Bus Lines are operated by the Organization of Urban Transportation of Thessaloniki – ‘OASTH’. A fleet of 536 buses and 2.400 employees of OASTH service an average of 150.000.000 passengers per year via 68 bus lines, among which also a sightseeing tour line. OASTH buses are state of art, air-conditioned, feature an anti-pollution system and are equipped with facilities for people with special needs.
Standard adult tickets: 1,10€ and 1,30€ when issued by ticket machines on the buses – The second ticket fare is valid for up to (2) trips made within seventy (70) minutes from the time of issue. Travel cards of various durations are also available.
- Taxi service in Thessaloniki is plentiful and economic.
- Taxi companies operate 24-hour call centers, ready to receive your order or make an advance booking for you.
- Most taxis currently use satellite navigator systems that facilitate a fast and easy transfer to any destination in the city.
- Luxury – VIP taxis are also available.
Thessaloniki is considered as a very safe city for both citizens and tourists. The city has hosted significant people in politics, art and science and welcomes each year thousands of tourists and conference delegates who enjoy their safe stay and leave the country with the best impression.